You inspire me to....share a journey
Bradford Museums and Galleries has objects from all around the world that people have collected when they have been travelling, exploring or making important journeys.
People travel to see new places and things, visit friends and family or on pilgrimages like Hajj.
At the moment we are all travelling much less and spending more time with our families. We can use this opportunity while we are all staying closer to home to find out more about some of the journeys the adults in our life might have made.
What do I need?
- Time to talk and listen
- An adult
What am I doing?
- Sharing memories of favourite or important journeys. You can ask an adult the questions below to help them to talk to you about some of the journeys they have made. You can think about your favourite journeys too using these questions.
- Where is the furthest you have ever travelled? How long did it take you to get there? What was the journey like?
- What was the most important journey you have ever made? Why was it important?
- What was your favourite journey? What did you see? Who did you meet?
- Do you have any objects or photographs from any of these journeys? Can you share them with me?
Hints and Tips
- Can you look at a map on the internet and find out where these places are?
- You could work with the adult to make a journey memory book – maybe you can write a ‘postcard’ for each of the journeys that you talk about.
Share this Event