Each week, our learning team are sharing a new idea inspired by our collections each week to inspire you to draw, write, think, talk, move, make, reflect or play!
Hope you enjoy this weeks idea !
You inspire me to …Draw…
Like David Hockney
David Hockney is a famous artist who loves to draw and paint. He was born in Bradford, moved to America and now lives in France.
David Hockney has created some amazing artwork on his tablet and phone using his finger to draw. David Hockney began making these pictures as quick simple images to make his friends smile.
He often draws everyday objects from around his home. You can create artwork like David Hockneys ‘ipad’ art using your phone or tablet and send it to your friends and family to make them smile!
What do I need?
- Choose something from around your home you would like to draw.
- Your phone or tablet.
- Download a Free Brushes App (like Brushes redux) onto your phone or tablet.
What am I doing ?
- Open the app
- Press the + symbol to get a new page
- Press create to get a blank page.
- Select the brush picture at the top of the screen (next to the rubber) - you are ready to draw!
- The type of brush, thickness of line and colour can be changed using the colour and brush stroke pictures at the bottom of the screen.
- When you’ve finished a drawing you can save it and send it to your friends and family.
- You can share it with us - get a grownup to send the pictures to @BradfordMuseums on Facebook or Twitter, and we'll create a Facebook Gallery with them all.
The picture we've chosed above was created by a Year 4 pupil, inspired by David Hockney ipad artworks on display at Cartwright Hall Art Gallery, Bradford