Exhibitions at Cartwright Hall Art Gallery
Cartwright Hall runs a lively programme of exhibitions, including contemporary exhibitions by local, national and international artists, historical exhibitions, craft and media arts, and a biennial open exhibition. Many exhibitions are enhanced by events, workshops and activities; for details, see Events and Learning pages or contact the Museums Learning team 01274 431216
Programme of exhibitions
For a full list of exhibitions at all our venues or to plan your visit with our handy calendar go to our what's on page. Below are current and forthcoming exhibitions at Cartwright Hall.
- Anish Kapoor
- Sat, 17 Nov 2012 - Sun, 30 Jun 2013
Cartwright Hall Art Gallery welcomes the return of Anish Kapoor's 'Turning the world inside out'
- Responses to Art
- Tue, 5 Feb 2013 - Sun, 4 Aug 2013
This exhibition is a selected retrospective of works that have been created as a result of the Responses to Art sessions
- Equilibrium of Opposites Jake Harvey
- Sat, 27 Apr 2013 - Sun, 8 Sep 2013
Jake Harvey carves elemental and meditative sculpture by cutting, forming and honing his stone through measurement and calculation guided by impulse and the senses.
- Golden Threads Accessorised
- Sat, 27 Apr 2013 - Fri, 13 Sep 2013
A celebratory exhibition of the 'best bits' of Golden Threads from 2012
- Art in the Park
- Mon, 1 Apr 2013 - Tue, 1 Oct 2013
Stroll around Lister Park to view Bradford Museums own public artwork by internationally-acclaimed artists
- Young Open 2013
- Sat, 13 Jul 2013 - Sun, 3 Nov 2013
The Bradford Young Open exhibition presents the opportunity for artists up to the age of 16. Open for submissions.
- Bradford Open 2013
- Sat, 28 Sep 2013 - Sun, 19 Jan 2014
The Bradford Open is an unrivalled showcase for the district’s artistic talent. Entry form available.
- Being There - June Russell
- Tue, 6 Aug 2013 - Sun, 9 Feb 2014
June's work is based on observation and drawing, and is always about places, real, imagined or a mixture of the two
- Sikh Fortress Turban
- Fri, 21 Feb 2014 - Sun, 18 May 2014
Unravel the stories of the Sikh turban and discover how and why turbans symbolise Sikh faith and identity
- Indian Art Through the Ages
- Fri, 7 Feb 2014 - Sun, 1 Jun 2014
Buddhist and Hindu sculptures, textiles and miniature paintings are juxtaposed with works by renowned 20th century Indian artists
- The Artists Folio
- Fri, 7 Feb 2014 - Sun, 15 Jun 2014
The exhibition will focus on selected folios of prints from the permanent collection of Cartwright Hall.
- Ukrainian Art: from the middle and second half of the twentieth century
- Tue, 11 Feb 2014 - Sun, 10 Aug 2014
The exhibition features paintings and drawings by famous artists such as Alexander Maksimenko, Arkady Pavlyuk, Maria Vinokourov, Ivan Parkhomenko and others